(Spicy pork meat stew)
2 spoonfuls oil
2.2 pounds pork meat, preferable ribs, cut into 16 pieces
1 cup white onion, cut into thin strips
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon crumbled oregano
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup ground cayenne pepper (1/2 kilo in cases)
1 spoonful salt
1/2 cup green onion, cut into thin strips
8 cups boiling water
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs, to thicken
4 cups cooked white corn
8 peeled potatoes (cooked separately)
- In a large pot heat the two spoonfuls of oil over medium heat.
Add the pork and fry until golden.
- Add onion, cumin, pepper, oregano, garlic, cayenne pepper,
salt and green onion.
- Stir and add the eight cups of boiling water.
- Let cook until the meat comes off a little of the bones, at
least two hours. Try to maintain the initial amount of broth, adding a little of water if
- Shortly before serving, add bread crumbs to thicken. Serve in
a deep plate with sufficient broth. Garnish with one cooked potato and cooked white corn.
Back to Recipes
1995-1999, Bolivia Web. All Rights Reserved.