Picante de Pollo
3 pounds chicken, divided into parts
¼ cup ground cayenne pepper
2 cups of white onion, cut into small strips
1 cup tomato, peeled and finely chopped
½ cup fresh locoto or chili pepper, finely chopped
1 cup green peas, peeled
½ cup parsley, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon crumbled oregano
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon salt
3 garlic cloves, peeled, chopped and roasted
3 cups broth or water
2 spoonfuls oil
- In a large casserole put the chicken pieces with all the other
ingredients. Pour the broth or water until covering the ingredients completely.
- Set to cook over high heat until it boils, and later over low
heat for at least an hour and a half or until the chicken is soft. Stir occasionally.
- If while cooking the broth diminished much, add a little bit
more of broth or water so that when serving there is enough liquid.
- In a deep plate serve one piece of spicy chicken with one
boiled potato, cooked aside, chuño phuti and uncooked sauce on top.
- Finally, sprinkle the chopped parsley on top of the spicy
Back to Recipes
1995-1999, Bolivia Web. All Rights Reserved.